Tuesday, May 19, 2009

March of Dimes-March for Babies



We did the March of Dimes walk this Sunday. We had a great time and the weather was PERFECT. I was worried because Sunday was going to be a scorcher. The event started at 9, we finished the 5 mile walk right around 11:30, and we just beat the heat.

I've known I wanted to participate in this even for a couple of months, but being so busy and the procrastinator that I am, I forgot to research the details. Details as in when it was going to be held. Kind of an important one. So last Thursday 5/14 I decided to look it up. Uh oh, to my dismay the walk was on Sunday 5/17. I was so mad at myself. There was no way I would be able to put a team together and raise money in 3 days!!!!!

I decided to give it a shot anyway. Every $ helps right? My fundraising goal was only $200 and I didn't think I was even going to make that. I figured I would check it out and get some good ideas for next year.

Well thanks to my A-MAZING friends and family I had a team of 7, raised over $600, and there are donations still coming in!!!!

Thank you so much for your generous donations and well wishes. It means so much to us. I would like to give a special thanks to Grandma Chrisi, Angel, Candace, Georgina, and Lillian for walking w/ us.

No comments:

Post a Comment